Named in honor of the young talented dance prodigy Aleksey Abram, our dance scholarship is need-based scholarships to help deserving young people pursue their dance ambitions. To be eligible for the Aleksey Legacy Dance Scholarship, dance students must be:
- between the ages of 5-18 years old
- residents of the United States
- living in the Central Florida area (Leesburg; Mount Dora; Tavares; Eustis; Howey-In-The-Hills; Orlando; Yahala; Clermont; Ocala; Sumter, Lake or Orange counties)
- enrolled at a local public school, college, or at a not-for-profit performing arts school
- in need of financial assistance .
RequirementsAll students who wish to apply for the scholarship award must:
- Complete an application form (submit online, mail the form, or submit in-person at our studio)
- Show proof of residency with legal street address in Florida
- Demonstrate financial need with proof of household income of parent(s) and /or legal guardian(s)
- Submit 1-2 references with recommendation letters
- Adhere to all scholarship rules
A minimum award of one Aleksey Legacy Dance scholarship is awarded each year. Recipients can attend group workshops, seminars and dance events throughout the scholarship year. Scholarship winners are announced at our annual Dance Charity Gala. Recipients receive two complimentary tickets to the event.